[kwlug-disc] htop - wonderful utility to view processes in console

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jan 3 16:02:24 EST 2019

I have been using it for a decade or more.

Really nice, and customizable too ...

One thing I do on all systems, is to press F2, then Meters, then select CPU
Average, then place it somewhere where there is room for it, then hit the
space bar to cycle through types. I use Text, which splits CPU into
components, including Wait for I/O

Then under Display Options, select Highlight program basename, Highlight
large numbers, and Detailed CPU time.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 3:48 PM Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> Wanted to share a discovery of htop: https://hisham.hm/htop/
>
> apt install htop
>
> and have fun looking at trees of server processes in console (F5)

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. -- Edsger W.Dijkstra
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- anonymous