[kwlug-disc] Semi-Off Topic: PCI Express NICs

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:25:16 EST 2019

Jon, I've had very good luck with the Intel PWLA8391GT Single-port PCI/e
NIC. Zero failures years after, low CPU hit. See:
https://www.intel.ca/content/dam/doc/product-brief/intel-pro-1000-gt-desktop-adapter-datasheet.pdf

That said, the lowest-cost supplier of this item is --
https://fleetnetwork.ca/products/intel-pro-1000-gt-desktop-adapter-pci-10-100-1000base-t-full-height-retail-pwla8391gtblk.html?variant=62905
as per a search via shopbot.ca.

My local IT joint uses them frequently, but alas, does not deal with
retail/regular traffic. I cannot think of any local IT shop doing this sort
of SKU, but might be worth a shot at connecting with Reality Bytes in
Elmira, see --
https://www.realitybytescomputers.com/about.html
Ask for Aaran(correct spelling) and try to be specific with part numbers,
they are good folk(I have no vested interest in them).

Good luck.

Thanks,

Ron Singh