[kwlug-disc] TLS on kwlug.org and pipermail

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 30 12:59:11 EST 2019

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 12:27:57PM -0500, Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:
> On 2019-12-30 12:17 p.m., Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
> >This has been a headache for a while that I have not figured out how
> >to resolve properly. (Probably it is easy, but every time I try I get
> >frustrated.)
>
> $ curl -i http://kwlug.org/whatever
>
> Does a nice 302 with https Location header. Why can't it be done for
> pipermail (and mailman?).

The short answer is that I don't know. CPanel does some magic where it
appears to host Mailman on the same domain as the main website, but
the actual pages are coming from a different server. I would love to
force this redirect but I do not know where to do it. If anybody else
wants to try then maybe we can meet and make it happen.

- Paul