[kwlug-disc] Filesystems for backups

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Thu Aug 8 09:11:08 EDT 2019

raidz2 is recommended for larger drives to protect against multiple
(additional) drive failures during resilvering (rebuilding).

With older (out of warranty?) drives, I like to have extra protection
when pushing the array during resilvering.
Regular (monthly) ZFS scrubs are highly recommended - and a good way to
weed out weak drives...
Monthly scrubs are part of a default ZFS installation in Ubuntu.