[kwlug-disc] for sale for a pittance..

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:10:00 EDT 2018

I'm in the process of building a new bookcase/wall unit for myself and in
doing so I've been forced to look at cleaning up some of my computer stuff.

As it happens I now have a 4 bay external drive for sale, sans drives.  It
looks a lot like this one:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_207&item_id=057179

In fact it is that one, but maybe four years old, IIRC.  It may be a bit
dustier than the one in the picture, it may not...  But it has served me
faithfully for several years.  You just need to drop in some drives.  And
they don't have to be all the same size, btw, as this device support JBOD
RAID, among other things.  You may have to google an owner's manual to
figure out the dip switches that determine which RAID you're looking for.

And when I say "for sale", I mean I don't really care about the money, I
just want it gone as I am still cleaning up.   So if you have a good reason
why you should be the proud owner of it at no cost, let me know.  If you
feel morally obligated to slip me a few bucks for it, I would be happy to
ease your conscience.  It's all the same to me.

I may have more items to share with the group later.. stay tuned to this
station...

Cranky