[kwlug-disc] Social Networks

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Fri Oct 12 15:02:33 EDT 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 00:37:35 -0400, Stuart Seeley <stuart at lowlevel.ca> said:

> Thanks Bob, gonna give a coupe of these a try... keep threatening to
> leave bookface, but man... that’s just where EVERYONE is.

> Is there perhaps somewhere that’s tracking user #’s on each of these
> disparate platforms?

https://the-federation.info/ lists various statistics, with the caveat
that nodes could be lying about their stats, and not all nodes are
reported.

I use Friendica because I can use it to follow people from other
networks.  Support for other networks might not be perfect, but it works
well enough for my purposes.