[kwlug-disc] SSD Failure Symptoms and Recovering Data?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Nov 8 12:15:45 EST 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:07 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> So, the price is the same at NewEgg, BestBuy and Canada Computers.
> The sale is by Samsung it seems and it ends today.

I check prices for everything on PC Part Picker. They have the major
vendors on there, but also graph historical prices.

Using the 500GB as an example:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/6yKcCJ/samsung-860-evo-500gb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e500bam

It has been "on sale" at $120 for most of the last two months. So if you
miss this sale, it will likely be on again shortly.

That said, it's also the lowest price it's been at for the lifetime of the
drive, so it's a pretty good deal anyway.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>