[kwlug-disc] Any demand for a presentation on tiling WMs?

lanny lanny at lannycox.com
Mon Nov 5 21:19:30 EST 2018

Hi All:Good to see everyone at the meeting this evening! This was my first go-round with KWLUG and I thought both presentations were very well-researched and delivered.On the topic of presentations in the coming months, I was wondering if anyone would like to see a discussion of tiling window managers? I've been toying around with i3 in Mint and have found the overall end-user workflow and approach to be refreshing compared to the more common floating-window desktop environments. Maybe a quick rundown of installation, plugins, tiling WM concepts, how they differ vs. traditional DEs or distant-cousins like screen or tmux.. let me know if there's interest!- Lanny