[kwlug-disc] Mail filtering/smarthost services

Stuart Seeley stuart at lowlevel.ca
Mon Nov 5 21:09:02 EST 2018

Hi Paul,

I used to use one of these...

Ceryx.com ....

The product specifically was ‘email firewall’
Essentially it’s spam filtering on incoming, and a smart host for outgoing.

For incoming, you poke holes in your firewall to allow their 4 servers access, and then your SMTP port is effectively blocked to everyone but them.

For outgoing, your mail server is setup to relay through them...

I’m sure there are lots of them out there... I think we paid $3/user or something while it was in place. (We’re just using what’s built into Office365 hosted exchange now, which I must say is no where near as good for blocking malware/spam/419/etc.)

Stuart

Sent from my iPad