[kwlug-disc] Self-introduction

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:11:11 EST 2018

Welcome!
I am still relatively new at this at hjust under 2 years now, but the
transition has been smooth from W7/W10 by dint of dogged distro-hopping and
use/break of many cuts of GNU/Linux.

The folks at KWLUG have been truly helpful and very encouraging. wish I
contribute more.

I did try LMDE on baqre metal, metal being a Thinkpad X230, but the 4.9.x
kernel does not play well with the APCI and SMAPI files and I cannot use
TLP properly as a result. I cannot deprecate the kernel to something that I
know works, like 4.4, or more likely, I lack the chops to do so.

Anyway, hope to see you at KWLUG tomorrow!

Thanks,

Ron Singh