[kwlug-disc] OT: Maker Expo 2018 - Last Call for Volunteers!

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu May 24 12:58:38 EDT 2018

It sounds as if Maker Expo is looking for more volunteers, so if you
were waffling about whether to help out, Ben would like to persuade
you to help out.

- Paul

----- Forwarded message from Ben Brown via Discuss <discuss at kwartzlab.ca> -----

Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:37:14 -0400
From: Ben Brown via Discuss <discuss at kwartzlab.ca>
To: "Members List (kwartzlab)" <members at kwartzlab.ca>, Kwartzlab Discuss
	<discuss at kwartzlab.ca>
Cc: Ben Brown <ben at generik.ca>
Subject: [KwartzLab] Maker Expo 2018 - Last Call for Volunteers!

<http://www.makerexpo.ca/>

    *Last Call for Volunteers!*

        May 24th 2018

Hey folks! *Maker Expo is just over a week away(!)* so we're putting out
our last call for volunteers! We still need to fill some shifts during
the big weekend -- opportunities are below.

Volunteers will receive a Maker Expo volunteer t-shirt, as well as food
and drink during the event. The Maker Expo organizing team is committed
to making the day fun for everyone and that includes our volunteers!
You'll get any required training on-site. A past survey of volunteers
indicated that 97% would volunteer with us again. *If you can spare some
time to help us make 2018 our best Maker Expo ever, please sign up using
the button below:*

JOIN US TODAY! <https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=978437320>

        *Volunteer Opportunities*

*Workshops:* We’re running a couple workshops that will need extra
hands. If you want to get creative, and work closely with guests, and
make stuff, this is the job for you. Any additional training will be
provided.

*Speaker Series:* Help guide visitors and answer questions about our new
speaker series, as well as help the emcee facilitate.

*Greeters:* We want guests to feel immediately at home at Maker Expo.
Greeters help make that happen by welcoming and directing visitors and
answering general questions about the event.

*General volunteers: *Odd jobs and general assistance for attendees and
exhibitors. This may involve supervising an exhibit for a few minutes
while the exhibitor grabs a bite to eat, or answering general questions
like, “where are the washrooms?”

*Setup/Tear Down*: Help us get the event setup, put up signs, and help
the exhibitors get their stuff to/from their tables. Help us dismantle
the event afterward.

      Get the word out!

If you can't volunteer for the big weekend, please consider sharing our
Call for Volunteers blog post on social media to help spread the word:

http://www.makerexpo.ca/2018/05/volunteer-with-us/

*Thanks for reading (and for your support!), we hope to see you on June
2nd-3rd!*

Yours truly,
*Ben Brown
Maker Expo Organizer*