[kwlug-disc] Malware found in Ubuntu Snaps Store

doug moen doug at moens.org
Sun May 13 11:46:21 EDT 2018

Thanks for posting that, Jeff. I will not be downloading any software from
the Ubuntu snap store.

As Khalid notes, the Google Play store has similar problems. I use F-Droid
instead, which is a curated open source Android app store.

On the other hand, I've been thinking about providing pre-compiled binaries
for my Curv software, and "snap" seems like a good format for Linux
binaries, since it avoids the problem of "dependency hell", which I am
already encountering. But, I guess I'll distribute the binaries via github.