[kwlug-disc] Sending array variable over Web/CGI?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat May 12 18:39:34 EDT 2018

You should really be using a POST for this, so the data is not in the URL
at all.

But to your question, you can do:

/cgi?A[0]=111&A[1]=222 ... etc.

If it does not work, try escaping it with:

%5B for [, and %5C for ]

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 5:52 PM, William Park via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> Hi all,  (apology if you're seeing it again)
>
> If I'm sending single valued data over web, eg. a=111, b=222, c=333,
> then I can do
>     http://.../xxx.cgi?a=111&b=222&c=333
>
> How do I send array data, like A[1]=111, A[2]=222, A[3]=333 to a CGI
> script?  I don't think I can do something like
>     http://.../xxx.cgi?A[1]=111&A[2]=222&A[3]=333
> Or, can I?
>
> I have seen places where a same variable is repeated, eg.
>     http://.../xxx.cgi?A=111&A=222&A=333
> but that means the CGI script has to build the array.
> --
> William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. -- Edsger W.Dijkstra
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- anonymous