[kwlug-disc] How to Archiving Gmail Locally

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 11 00:27:53 EDT 2018

Reading a bit more on this, mutt may not understand a directory sorted by
yyyy/mm.

So I started mutt giving it the MailDir that I saved Gmail to, like so:

mutt -f ~/mail/gmail

That directory is the one that contains the cur, new and tmp dirs.

several minutes to load.

But it is fast from there, probably because it caches headers or something.