[kwlug-disc] [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Backups, Mail-in-a-Box (May 2018)

Erik Schnetter eschnetter at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon May 7 17:06:47 EDT 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-announce <
kwlug-announce at kwlug.org> wrote:

> If you missed Cory Doctorow when he was here in December (or you would
> like to see him speak again) he is giving a talk entitled "The war on
> general purpose computers is the war on science". I think that this is
> open to the public. It will be held Wednesday May 9 at 2pm. See
> https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/seminar/war-general-
> purpose-computers-war-science
> for more details.

I inquired -- Perimeter's institute colloquium is only open to Perimeter
affiliates. This is not one of the public lectures that are open to the
public.

On the positive side, our colloquia are usually recorded, and are available
online the next day; see <http://pirsa.org>.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <eschnetter at perimeterinstitute.ca>