[kwlug-disc] Thinkpad 25

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:42:04 EDT 2018

Ahh, yeah, it was a limited time offer -- recall, I sent the email out 27
days ago:-)

I got lucky and grabbed a few for some Thinkfreak clients and myself. They
limited it back then to 5 units per order, but I was able to place 2 orders
and got what I needed.

It might go back on sale again for July 1st on a "flash sale", but hard to
say with any certainty.

There is a possibility I might have an unopened spare at my Waterloo
office(that you are welcome to have at the sale price), but will no know
for sure until Tues when I get back in town, in case you were thinking of
getting one:-)

My only gripe with it, I wish it did not have a touchscreen, the temptation
is there to touch the screen which I would hate, too many smudges if you
dig.
Additional, it did render a laptop a wee thicker than it would have been
sans the touchscreen digitizer layer.

For me, in my mind, it was a worthy successor to the T420s with a new i7,
16G fast ram, 500G Fast SSD, IPS 1080P, the relevant ports du jour and with
a 3 year warranty that for 12 bucks, I added "keep your drive", so ni case
of failure of my SSD, I can simply destroy said SSD as Lenovo will do a
replacement(for 3 years) without the concern of my SSD leaving me to parts
unknown.

Thanks,

Ron Singh