[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 18 Unity/GDM3 to LightDM/LXDE/OpenBox

Mark Steffen rmarksteffen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:44:57 EDT 2018

Only complaint about Lubuntu was that I needed to do a bit of hotkey
reconfiguring to get volume/mute and brightness to work.  Mute needed to
have the amixer command changes, and I had to install xbacklist and drop in
an extra config file for my intel-based video adapter for xbacklist to
"recognize" it.  But all good now.  Sound sometimes seems a bit
intermittent where I have to put the laptop to sleep and wake it up, but
this was the same with the default Ubuntu install as well.

*Mark Steffen*
Office Direct: +1.226.476.1240 | Mobile: +1.226.600.0464
*"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln*