[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 18 Unity/GDM3 to LightDM/LXDE/OpenBox

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 18:55:48 EDT 2018

Nice write-up Mark! Good to know your findings.

I plan on setting up an older X220 for the in-laws with Ubu 18.04 or Mint
19(Tara) when they do the release by month's end.

I am finding that the mouse speed is much too great on the
trackpoint/trackpad/external usb Logitech(and MS) rodents.
Tuning the mouse acceleration and speed does nothing in either released Ubu
18.04(Mate/Xfce) or Mint 19 Beta(Cinnamon and Mate)

I suppose I can go much about with the mouse tables, but I wonder if anyone
else has the issue of an ultra-fast mouse? I tried this on a few Thinkpads,
the X201/X220/T450s, same issue.

Thanks,

Ron Singh