[kwlug-disc] Orion Electronics

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:49:05 EDT 2018

Hell's yeah, I am with you on that note, just wanted to provide some
context for what a place like Orion meant since the 80s.

Today's Orion is very much a"rip-off" as it has been since the 80s, but at
least today, we all have a choice to spend our dineros elsewhere(which I do
most wholeheartedly) when I have a choice to wait a for a bit.

i do love the rich history of KW from an electronics, IT and DIY
perspective -- Conestoga College and UW played a huge role along with the
various pop-up shops which have since gone by the wayside. I do like the
fact that KW Surprise and Orion still remain even though they quite
different that the animals they were some years back.

I have done a number of local businesses in the last 38 years, one has to
hold one's nose when setting prices and extolling the virtues of one's
products or services.

Basically, small biz lie and lie and lie some more to survive; it is
soul-destroying, at least for me.

Some, like my remaining companies dwindle to a small core like a bonded set
of atoms having relations with a fixed client base. Talking about a
"freeing" existence!

I cannot believe that Orion's owner knows that freedom or can participate
in that freedom, I would wager he is stuck where he is, fixed revenue,
fixed client base, he needs to keep on hitting hard with the price to
survive.

Thanks,

Ron Singh