[kwlug-disc] Yubikey opinions?

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Jan 30 06:35:27 EST 2018

Hi,

Ars Technica is giving away "Yubikey 4" USB devices (valued at $40 USD)
with a one year subscription to Ars priced at $50 USD.

> YubiKey 2FA Device Ars-branded YubiKey 4 a $40 value, adds convenient
> 2FA security to protect your online accounts, networks, and more.

> https://www.yubico.com/arstechnica/

I'm wondering if anyone has experience or opinions on this product?

They have a pam_yubikey module to make it work with ssh, logins, web
sites, etc.

Doesn't seem to be something I'd actually want to use, personally.  But
I might be overlooking some worthwhile features.

Thanks,

r b