[kwlug-disc] Linux & Linux admin for newbies

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Jan 26 05:32:49 EST 2018

 From Bob's KWVOIP meeting:

One of the questions raised was "Which GNU/Linux distro should I
choose, and why?"  I don't think there's an easy answer to that. But
maybe some of you will find this diagram useful as a way of seeing the
overwhelming scope of the question, even if it doesn't provide an answer:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg

Comes from
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg  if
you need additional context.

Adding:

What are partitions and how big should these be made?

Related: What are volumes?
Related: umount & umount

JohnJ