[kwlug-disc] Other talk ideas I could probably present.

Raymond Chen raymondchen625 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:05:54 EST 2018

I only had a 5-minute research on CircleCI and found it's like a "Jenkins +
CloudService - WindowsPlatform". Other than that there is not much
difference. I took it off my radar after that and shifted my attention to
GoLang... Maybe there is more than that since I keep running into its name
here and there.
For learning or most small projects, I think the Jenkins on Docker like
Chamunks suggests is the way to go. We can put everything in the project on
Git. So if we want to clone a CI environment, we only need a docker engine
and the codeset, run several shell commands and CI's up. I think being able
to cloned and deployed locally is very important. In the team I work for,
we sometimes have strange problems on Jenkins server only, usually
environmental. And since only a few people have access to the system, I
have to wait for his action even I'm sure my change breaks the test

Raymond