[kwlug-disc] Speakers wanted for Feb 1 HiveWR meetup

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:55:01 EST 2018

Agreed...I have a 23-yo son on the spectrum, his trajectory after being
diagnosed at 4yo was to basically wind up in a group home after hitting
adulthood. He might just wind up there, but no if I can help it. With a
fair bit of support and aggressive advocacy over the last 19 years at
school boards, various schools, municipalities, provincial entities , he is
at UG pursuing an Agri degree after getting 2 diplomas in Horticulture and
Agri.

He has tons to teach people about soils, sustainable agri and the like...So
yeah, folks on the spectrum have a TON to offer.

Good on your Mister C!  working with these folks, would have been good to
hear someone speak on the challenges and rewards that are present when
working with folks on the AS spectrum, I am tempted often to speak publicly
on the many dimensions of required support to provide a shot at success for
these folks, but am waaaay too shy to get up there!

Thanks,

Ron Singh