[kwlug-disc] Drupal 7 question

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 21 11:07:47 EST 2018

First a side point: Why PHP 7.1? The 16.04 LTS version is 7.0 and it runs
Drupal 7 successfully.

Second, check the settings.php for each site, and make sure that you have
values for the following:

ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 200000);
ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 200000);
$cookie_domain = '.example.com'; // Set a unique FQDN for each site.

Third, are you sharing tables across sites? If so, then this is not
something you should do for various reasons, among which the most important
is the inability to decouple the sites to various servers in the future. It
can also cause this log out issues.

Fourth, check your users table and make sure there is an entry for
anonymous users, with uid 0.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 5:26 AM, Ronald Barnes <ron at ronaldbarnes.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Drupal 7 setup (migrated from Drupal 6) in a multi-site
> configuration.
>

> One of the sites logs me out on roughly every form submission or every 2nd
> click on a menu item, etc.
>

> Cleared cache(s), rebuilt node permissions, etc.
>

> I'm at a complete loss.
>
> I know there are some other Drupal users here - I'd love to hear any
> suggestions...
>

> Drupal 7.56
> Ubuntu 16.04
> PHP 7.1