[kwlug-disc] Speakers wanted for Feb 1 HiveWR meetup

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 20 12:38:02 EST 2018

June Macdonald from HiveWR is putting together a Feb 1 meetup. She is
looking for presenters who can speak on tech and diversity. From her
email:

---

I have one speaker confirmed who will talk about using eSight
technology and how it's transformed her life as a blind person, and
her own role in designing it.

Looking for at least 2 more speakers on tech and diversity, tech in
culture/our lives, or digital literacy/access. Even if you have a
topic you'd be interested in hearing about that would help me in
finding people by providing a direction to reach out to. But virtual
intros would really help.

Speakers have 10 minutes plus Q&A time. Let me know if you have more
questions. I can find contact info if I have people suggestions. :)

---

If you have a good topic to present or know somebody who would, you
can forward contact information to her: june at hivewr.ca . You could
also contact me and I will forward info.

I think she is looking for responses ASAP because the event is coming
up soon.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org