[kwlug-disc] Linux & Linux admin for newbies

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 18 22:35:40 EST 2018

Hmm, I'll bite cautiously.  Rather than trying to move from other OS to
Linux, I will talk about running Unix shell in other OS.

    - Windows -- there are 4 ways:
	- full VM -- VirtualBox, VMware
	- cygwin -- sort of mini command-line distro.
	- busybox -- single executable (my personal favourite).
	- Bash on Ubuntu on Windows -- only on Windows 10.
    - Mac -- Terminal app (nothing of interest here).
    - Chromebook -- there are 2 ways:
	- crosh -- terminal within Chrome browser
	- crouton -- chroot'ed Ubuntu/Debian
    - Android -- termux -- sort of command-line distro.

Any thought?
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>