[kwlug-disc] Meltdown and computer sales

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:49:58 EST 2018

It doesn't sound like there is an end in sight yet it's a pretty
earthshattering set of issues.  It sounds like BIOS/UEFI and Kernel
developers are getting passed the torch first.  Which we're going to take a
huge up to 30% performance hit on the current day quick fixes then
eventually we're going to likely end up seeing faster subsequent fixes
later.  But for now, it doesn't sound like the manufacturers are even able
to do much just yet.  Maybe prefer AMD for a while or something who knows.