[kwlug-disc] Meltown fix for Linux kernel

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Jan 11 19:48:17 EST 2018

Ubuntu is having its problems lately.  In December they had the BIOS
corruption bug on 17.10:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1734147

I'm in the process of switching all our home computers to Debian
Testing and the servers to Debian Stable. Previously had a mixture of
Ubuntu 16.04, 14.04, Mint with Mate, Debian Jessie, and who knows what
else.  But I don't think it'll help avoid these latest kernel bugs...

- --Bob