[kwlug-disc] OT: Sensible Transcode/Handbrake settings for Blu-ray files

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 12:58:28 EST 2018

I'll try this tonight Khalid. Thanks to both you and Jeff! I love
having the quality of Blu-ray, but yeah, 45GB (one of the Hobbit
movies) is just crazy. As a comparison with DVD. I have around 700
DVDs (most I've picked up for $1 over many years). Ripped they took up
less than 700GB using the Handbrake default settings. Just over 70
Blu-ray discs filled my 3TB drive to 98%. Buying the 8TB drive was a
sensible decision because a: I've been able to merge all the media on
to 1 drive instead of 3, and b) I now have a non-sensible backup (the
3 drives - at least it's a backup).

Charles McColm
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux