[kwlug-disc] Run, don't walk

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:32:03 EDT 2018

Mebbe, but an article at Anandtech says this --
"Another lineup of Samsung’s products to use 3D QLC V-NAND will be client
SSDs featuring capacities higher than 1 TB. These drives will use a SATA
interface and will offer sequential read and write performance of around
520 MB/s (when SLC write caching is enabled), according to details that
Samsung disclosed at its SSD Forum. Samsung does not disclose when such
drives are set to become available, but the company says that
Terabyte-class client SSDs will become mainstream in 2020 because of QLC
V-NAND."

See article at:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13117/samsung-discloses-first-details-about-qlc-based-client-server-ssds

So, it is possible that SSD folks are simply doing a blowout sale with the
"big guys" as the spring/summer sales of IT components have purported been
very soft. No matter, great deals for whose in need:-)

Thanks,

Ron Singh