[kwlug-disc] Carrytel issues ?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Aug 31 16:17:15 EDT 2018

I've used CarryTel briefly for a short-term project, and was very pleased with the service and support. When the project ended there was no problem in cancelling service, and the monthly fee was prorated (ie. I got a refund for the days unused).

The folks at https://kwvoip.ca have also discussed CarryTel, and have also been pleased.

I've just signed up someone else, and again the support has been excellent.

The rates and options on the website are based on Rogers' offerings, be aware that different incumbent carriers like Cogeco have different rates (higher), levels of service (slower), options (no "free" modem, either monthly rental fee or outright purchase), and level of support (two weeks for installation, not one).

Some folks in the industry do not think that the rates CarryTel is offering are sustainable, that either they'll need to raise their rates significantly, or they'll go out of business.

But I would get CarryTel again.

--Bob.

--

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> Phone: +1-519-635-9413