[kwlug-disc] Sault Ste Marie Linux?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:07:32 EDT 2018

I've always been an Ubuntu person myself, although the various issues with
17.10 forced me to run some Fedora here and there.  Since I work in a RHEL
shop, Fedora was actually kind of nice.  But I still prefer Ubuntu as
that's what I cut my teeth on.

I took the GNOME environment well when I installed 18.04.  It wasn't as big
a change from Unity as I thought it might be.

I do like many different DEs, but I have a sort of personal rule to avoid
any DEs that try to "look like Windows" (having a start button in the lower
left corner as one example).  I am forced to use Windows at work all day, I
don't want my home computers to look like my work computers!