[kwlug-disc] Sault Ste Marie Linux?

doug moen doug at moens.org
Wed Aug 15 13:12:06 EDT 2018

Ron said: "Not sure if it's me and my very limited knowledge, but I have a
number of frustrations with anything based off Ubuntu 18.04, seems like the
early point releases of Debian 9-based distros and distros built on Ubuntu
16.04.1/.2/.3 have fared well for me."

Ubuntu 18.04 just became stable two weeks ago with the release of 18.04.1
LTS. I just got notification today that I can finally upgrade from 16.04.5
LTS. The April release of 18.04.0 was for early adopters, and many bugs
have been fixed since then--that's normal for an LTS release.

I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.1. What problems
will I encounter? I haven't found any showstoppers reported on the web yet,
but I'm interested in the experience of KWLUG members.