[kwlug-disc] Drupal core - Highly critical - Remote Code Execution - SA-CORE-2018-002

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Apr 17 17:01:27 EDT 2018

Now we know where the issue was: the Mail field on the registration form.

The fix was released March 28th.

Then on April 12th, Checkpoint wrote this blog, with proof of concept
attack code:

https://research.checkpoint.com/uncovering-drupalgeddon-2

Automated attacks started that same day later in the evening, now that
the vulnerability was specific to a certain field.

If you patched before April 12th, then your site is safe.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.