[kwlug-disc] Meeting Monday: A User Journey; VoIP Security (April 2018)

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Thu Apr 12 16:15:16 EDT 2018

[trying again, since s5h.net decided to put me on their blacklist]

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 00:30:30 -0400, William Park via kwlug-disc <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> said:

> We should be familiar with this, because it happens all the time in
> "open source" world.  Copyright holder can issue/withdraw any licence
> they want.

That's not quite true.  Once software has been released under a certain
license, the copyright holder can't really withdraw the license.  They
can discontinue distributing the software under that license, but anyone
who has already received the software under the terms of that license
can still continue to use and redistribute the software in accordance
with the license terms.