[kwlug-disc] Firefox 57?

doug moen doug at moens.org
Thu Nov 30 22:22:12 EST 2017

If 57 doesn't support all of your addons, then ESR is the way to go.

In my case, when I upgraded to 57, all of my addons autoupdated as well,
and they all work fine. I'm only using security addons: Noscript, Privacy
Badger, Ublock Origin.

On my 2010 laptop, 57 feels significantly faster. On my newer desktop, I
don't see a big difference.

Also, I really like the layout changes. After upgrading, I switched to
using a unified address/search bar. I like it: I now just have a single
keyboard shortcut that I use to switch to the bar to either type a new URL
or a search query. Also, the tabs are on top of the address bar, and that's
a big win for me. The old layout hurt my brain: this is more logical.