[kwlug-disc] Incorrect Let's Encrypt expiry notices

Keefer Rourke mail at krourke.org
Sun Nov 5 19:46:11 EST 2017

When you renew a cert with Let's Encrypt, the "old" cert is still considered valid (i.e. if you were to copy the cert to a different system before renewing, you would be able to continue to use it after renewing the master copy afaik, since renewal does not also invalidate certs). As such, LE will continue to pester you about renewal even if you have already done so.

Basically I've set up an mail filter to send all renewal notice email from LE to another folder so I don't have to be bothered with this.

...Feel free to ignore these warning if you've already set up a Cron job for renewal for instance.

- Keefer (who has been annoyed by LE far too much in the past)