[kwlug-disc] Terraform

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 22:52:42 EDT 2017

Terraform is an infrastructure as code DevOps tool. It allows you to write code that describes cloud infrastructure, VPC's, Subnets, Ec2's, routes, security groups, ELB's etc. It works with many of the could providers; although, most of my experience is with AWS. For instance I have modules that spin up various things for our infrastructure. I  can spin up a 16 node riak cluster in minutes by passing a few variables to a module. It is becoming very popular with the DevOps crowd. It is very new it is not even 1.0.0 yet. I think it is currently at 0.9.8. It is cool and works well, but it can be maddening, and because it is so new the documentation, and examples are quite lacking.

Terraform

https://www.terraform.io/

Terraform by HashiCorp<https://www.terraform.io/>
www.terraform.io
Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure. It is an open source tool that codifies APIs into declarative ...

Community Modules

https://github.com/terraform-community-modules

[https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/11051457?v=3&s=200]<https://github.com/terraform-community-modules>

terraform-community-modules · GitHub<https://github.com/terraform-community-modules>
github.com
GitHub is where people build software. More than 22 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 61 million projects.

Joseph Wennechuk
Phone: (226) 505-4812
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-wennechuk/4/b59/382