[kwlug-disc] GUI Remote Access

Sat Jun 24 13:44:58 EDT 2017

> On Jun 24, 2017, at 1:35 PM, Colin Mackay <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use X2Go which is based on NX.  It's a very simple install and uses ssh.   It is a separate X-session, like all NX variants, but for those lamenting nomachine's loss, check it out.
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org <http://wiki.x2go.org/>
I’ve played with it and it’s better than ssh -Y, but still a far cry from NX’s solution. That, and using x2go on OSX or Windows isn’t nearly as nice as NX was.

A lot of the OSX woes are due to the poor support of XQuartz in recent years, but I suspect that there just aren’t that many people like me who need it. :-/

-A.