[kwlug-disc] Another RSS Reader

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jul 17 10:30:49 EDT 2017

For years I used Google Reader for RSS feeds. When they terminated the
service, I did not want to go to yet another hosted service, and
looked for options to host my own.

For a few years I ran Tiny Tiny RSS.

Lately it started to get flakey, choking up on some feeds (apparently
aborting when parsing them).

So, I looked again, and have a working RSS reader.

MiniFlux. It lacks some of the features of Tiny Tiny RSS, most
notably, elimination of duplicates, but otherwise works fine.

And the database is SQLite, tinier than tiny ...

https://miniflux.net/

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.