[kwlug-disc] IP 6 Ad-Hoc Wireless network

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 08:28:35 EDT 2017

Hello!

   My friend is submitting an android app to the app store, and it must be tested with ip6. I wanted to set up my machine as an ad hoc wireless network running dhcp, but only dhcp-ing ip6 addresses out, and also bridging it to my wired network connected to the internet with an ip4 setup.

I tried it with..

iwconfig wlp6s0 mode ad-hoc

iwconfig wlp6s0 essid blahblahip6-network

iwconfig wlp6s0 key "PasswordForNetwork"

ifconfig wlp6s0 inet6 add 2001:0db8:0:f101::1/64

but I'm not sure how to get the dhcp running ip6 only, and how to get the bridge set up to push the wireless through the wired ip4 network I need to figure out the dhcpd.conf  stuff and the bridge..

Joseph Wennechuk
Phone: (226) 505-4812
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-wennechuk/4/b59/382