[kwlug-disc] Flock Bids are now open

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Sat Jan 14 17:50:57 EST 2017

>From the wiki page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock_bid_process :

Flock has traditionally been held in August based mostly around the
traditional Fedora release cycle and the desire to not conflict with
other conferences likely to be attended by contributors.

This does not mean you have to propose August dates. Other dates are
possible. You should consider that some contributors may have limited
ability to travel in the some months because they have children home
from school, etc.

We want to avoid conflicting with (e.g., large festivals that will
make hotel space difficult), as well as other conferences (e.g.
GUADEC, LinuxCon, etc.) as much as possible.