[kwlug-disc] Laptop Rescue Mission: Sat, Jan 21

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 11 18:37:55 EST 2017

I put this in the announcement email but I will repeat it here. We
will resume our sporadic laptop rescue mission on Saturday, Jan 21
from 4pm-8ish at Computer Recycling (66 Queen St S, Kitchener).

I am guessing most of you are familiar with the concept, but if not:
Computer Recycling has a bunch of donated laptops. We have been
working our way through them, finding the ones that are
straightforward to get ready for sale, and installing Xubuntu on them.

As long as you can read instructions and use a screwdriver, you are
welcome to attend (and you are welcome to invite others to attend as
well). One of the more gratifying aspects of this exercise has been
that people with wide ranges of technical skill have participated, and
it seems that even those who do not know much about computers get
something out of the sessions. My hope is that we have created an
environment where we can get together, work on computers, learn from
each other, and socialize in a friendly, non-threatening environment.

If you would like to participate it is helpful to RSVP to me, if only
so we can make arrangements for you to get into the building (which is
locked on Saturdays).

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org