[kwlug-disc] KWLUG is changing

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 5 14:01:54 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 08:09:33AM +0000, Chamunks wrote:
> I believe that a Kanban will be ideal since we basically just need a fancy
> collaborative to-do list.  This way positions can be unofficial and the
> first available person who is capable of picking up a task can just cherry
> pick what they want to do and one or two people can just be responsible for
> chasing up people who have checked out items.

A few comments:

- If you would like to set up a Kanban board then feel free to do so.
  I don't think I can promise that it will live on the new webhost.
- Are you proposing this just for the transition or for the monthly
  task list?
- Just because I have divided up the tasks in an arbitrary way does
  not mean that people cannot cherry pick tasks they want to work on.
  There are not currently clearly defined roles because these are the
  things I am doing. But we do not need well defined roles. We just
  need tasks to get done.
- A Kanban board does not solve the problem of people stepping up to
  do the tasks. At the end of the day somebody has to make sure that
  the tasks are done.

> Also is there a way that I can send my phone number to people without it
> being published in the mailing list archives so that I can be reached if
> anyone has questions about my maniacal schemes for KWLUG organization.

You can email individuals but there is not a good way to share your
number with the list.

With respect to your other email: Bob publicized our social media
presences (most of which are on the front page of kwlug.org as well).
Are you volunteering to liven up the social media component of KWLUG?
If it excites you then you should run with it, especially on those
platforms where Bob is not very active.

- Paul