[kwlug-disc] So I was auditing my accounts online and thought of something.

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 21:20:52 EST 2017

I think that Andrew gets my idea perfectly.

Basically just provide a nice interface where the email addresses you would
use for each site that you sign up on are all universally unique then just
create a static redirect of the emails content to the owner of that email
based on their address seed.

You could then, if you wanted, set this service as an incoming POP3 or
whatever on your Gmail or Thunderbird/variant and use that to receive
emails directly in your own inbox.

This service would let you externalize your account signups to an inbox
that you wouldn't need to check daily, or maybe you would up to you, but
ultimately the goal is to know whose selling you out and also to help keep
everything isolated.

Having grown up along side of the reasonably popularized-ish internet I've
always given fake account information first unless absolutely required to
give a real identity. I don't have to answer the website question just
because they asked me. It's a machine not my significant other or family
member. They're not my parents and neither is their TOS.