[kwlug-disc] So I was auditing my accounts online and thought of something.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 17 13:46:03 EST 2017

I was looking for these kinds of solutions a while back. I decided
that 33mail.com was the least worst option. There is a similar service
at spamgourmet.com which also looks okay.

These services are good for receiving a few emails a month. They are
not suitable for heavy usage as with mailing lists. If you pay them
money you can send replies to messages. (I thought you were allowed
one outgoing reply a month under their free plan, but maybe not.)

They both work by forwarding email to an address of your choosing. If
you use 33mail then you set up a subdomain of 33mail.com and get mail
sent to those addresses, similar to Keefer's solution.

mailinator is okay but it gets blocked and the mail is not private.

Keefer's solution is best, probably, but 33mail is easier for end
users to set up. The drawback is that 33mail inserts its own text into
your (incoming) mail messages, but for my use case I can live with
that.

- Paul