[kwlug-disc] Marked as spam?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Dec 17 02:13:28 EST 2017

Yes, I'm seeing "***SPAM***" from your messages too (I removed it from
this message).

Looking at the headers of your message, it appears to be added by
KWLUG's mailing list service provider's installation:

> software, running on the system "cpanel2.indieserve.net", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam [...] Content
> analysis details:   (5.4 points, 5.0 required) pts rule name
> description ---- ----------------------
> -------------------------------------------------- 0.0
> URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
> blocked. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block for
> more information. [URIs: hoot.tech] 0.0 T_SPF_TEMPERROR        SPF:
> test of record failed (temperror) 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED
> Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid 2.6
> RDNS_DYNAMIC           Delivered to internal network by host with
> dynamic-looking rDNS 0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID         DKIM-Signature
> header exists but is not valid 2.7 S25R_4                 T_S25R:
> Bottom of rDNS ends w/ num, next lvl has num-num

None of which I consider valid identifiers of spam.

I doubt there's anything you can do about it, unless you can change
the DNS settings for the domain you send from.

- --Bob, who considers spam to be defined by two criteria: Does he want
to receive it, and did he ask for it?