[kwlug-disc] Remoting into GNOME desktop

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Aug 29 10:59:41 EDT 2017

CrankyOldBugger wrote on 2017-08-29 06:20 AM:

> You shouldn't encourage someone named Cranky...
>

> Cranky, who fondly remembers installing Word Perfect 5.1 with 36 floppies...

*Fondly* remembers the 36 floppy shuffle versus the "reveal codes".

Oh my.

Cranky and masochistic?

I still twitch thinking about the 44+ diskettes for installing OS/2.

And then Windows would promptly b0rk the MBR making reinstall a monthly
affair (it seems).

There must have been a better way to fix that, but I didn't know it.

Regards from Vancouver!

(Man, do I miss KWLUG.  VanLUG is pretty dysfunctional.)

r b