[kwlug-disc] Introduction - Mark

Mark Steffen rmarksteffen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:15:57 EDT 2016

Well let me know what you guys want to hear a talk about.

The ISP/network/RADIUS/webhosting stuff is old hat - happy to talk about it
and describe best practice though not all things are fully FOSS if that's a
requirement.  I don't have great testimonials in doing things in a fully
"free" way at least in the webhosting field because good security requires
frequent maintenance and volunteers sometimes tire of that.  Though there
are always options (they just might not be long term and you may find
yourself doing painful migrations between hosting control panel platforms).

Happy to give a talk/demo on some open source security stuff maybe
January/February timeframe.  Anyone interested in a teardown of
AlienVault's OSSIM platform?

*Mark Steffen*
Office: +1.226.476.1240 | Mobile/SMS: +1.226.600.0464 | Skype:
r.mark.steffen
*"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." - Aristotle*