[kwlug-disc] Secure IM news

Nick Guenther nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 30 14:29:53 EST 2016

Le 30 novembre 2016 03:09:14 HNE, Chamunks <chamunks at gmail.com> a écrit :
>Thanks for the clarity on what you meant.  Yes, I think a hybrid would
>be
>nice.  I've always hoped for something that would make IRC more
>efficient
>for my mobile device but alas I never find anything.

I'm running znc on this here mail server and using Atomic to connect to it, and its battery usage is remarkably good. It's significantly less than Conversations, I think because its data format is less verbose than XML, and it doesn't send as much metadata (only joins/parts, not away/unaway).

What are you running?